UKB is the Dutch consortium of the thirteen university libraries and the National Library of the Netherlands. UKB's Ambitions 2017-2020 outlines these key policy objectives:
Improve delivery of content:
- jointly acquire content which is not available or easily accessible on the open internet;
- jointly develop a publication infrastructure for the scientific output of the institutions;
- jointly promote publication with open access;
- jointly deal with imminent collection budget deficits.
Enhance the infrastructure for discovery and delivery:
- jointly develop an efficient, integrated infrastructure for discovery and access, including both open and restricted information resources.
Support e-research and e-learning:
- jointly develop facilities for e-learning
- jointly develop facilities for e-science: storage, publication and valorisation of research output.