UKB, the Dutch consortium of university libraries and the National library of The Netherlands supports, and accelerates scholarly and scientific advances by sharing, concentrating and bringing together expertise in national and international networks. UKB's Power of Synergy : UKB Ambitions 2017-2020 outlines these key policy objectives:
The ambitions in this document have been drawn up in conjunction with the UKB working groups, which will work in different combinations to develop them in the period 2017-2020.
We will focus on the five priority areas:
- We are developing a shared vision of the library as a learning and working environment (incubator)
- We work together to develop expertise in the field of educational support (supporting teaching staff and students)
- We safeguard enduring access to information (getting and maintaining access to collections)
- We share systems and infrastructure wherever possible (setting up joint systems)
- We facilitate open scholarship (supporting researchers)